Unless you are an Australian or New Zealand citizen, you will need a visa to enter Australia. New Zealand passport holders can apply for a visa upon arrival in the country.

All other passport holders must apply for a visa before leaving home. You can apply for a range of visas, including tourist visas and working holiday visas, at your nearest Australian Consulate. You can also apply for certain types of visas online.

See http://www.australia.com/en/planning/visa-information.html

A tourist visa is for people visiting Australia for a holiday, sightseeing, social or recreational reasons, to visit relatives, friends or for other short-term non-work purposes.

See Tourist visa for full information. Please note:

  • An Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) is available to citizens of some EU countries, the USA and Canada, Japan, Singapore, and some other countries (see the website): average processing time for online applications is less than one day.
  • An eVisitor Visa is available to citizens of most EU countries (see the website). You should apply online at least two weeks before your proposed date of travel.

Please ensure that you leave plenty of time for your visa application to be processed as this can sometimes take several weeks or longer: the earlier you can apply, the better.

If you need an invitation letter to obtain your visa, please click here and fill out the required information.

Please notice that the conference secretariat will then issue the letter of invitation only if you have already submitted your final paper and/or you have registered.

The Conference Secretariat is unable to assist with processing or obtaining visa applications, other than verifying your intention to attend the Conference. Visas are granted at the discretion of the Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection